Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Year of Halo

Unless you have been living under a rock, you will know that one of the most anticipated games this year will be Halo 4. More video of Halo 4 was released recently at E3 including the Halo 4 trailer




and this gameplay video






I consider myself a fan of the Halo series, although not a fan boy. It is the story of the series that captivates me. The chance to feel like the hero in a major Hollywood movie. There are better shooters out there, and if I am looking for competitive FPS, I will go to something like Battlefield.

I remember when I first tried Halo: Combat Evolved. It was at a friend's house party. I played the first 3 levels, and when I finished I tried to get my buddy to tell me how it ended. He refused, saying he would not spoil it for me. I bought my XBox to play Halo for myself. My favourite small aspect of Halo: Notice that in the first game, at certain points UNSC Marines will be with you and fight with you. All of them will die. In Halo, the Master Chief is truly alone.

As a prelude to the release of Halo 4, I will be reviewing all the past Halo games, posting about Halo and looking at some of the fiction of the Halo universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment